Today we celebrate Mother's Day, so we thought it would be a good idea to share our Walnut Cake recipe.
It goes like this:
230g butter, softened;
230g plain flour;
230g light brown soft sugar;
2 teaspoons baking powder;
½ glass of Port Wine;
125g chopped walnuts;
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and light brown soft sugar.
3. Stir in two eggs yolk and the Port wine.
4. Add the flour, the baking powder and the walnuts. Mix well.
5. Whip the whites and add them to the cake mixture.
6. Pour the cake mixture into a prepared tin (greased and floured).
7. Bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
We usually welcome our guests with this homemade treat.
Now it’s your turn to try. Enjoy it!